2010 Western & National Age Groups
Here are the age groups for Level 9 Westerns and Level 10 Nationals.
Regional Qualification Procedures
Level 9 & 10 Gymnasts
34.00 AA at State Meet
9.00 for Event Specialists at the State Meet – A specialist is an athlete that declares to be a specialist while entering the state meet. She must also compete in 3 events or less. No petitions will be accepted for specialists to Regionals.
Level 8 Gymnasts
Level 8 Super Team – Saturday Night (63 Gymnasts)
- Top 9 Level 8 gymnasts from each State, regardless of age group
- Top 8 Gymnasts compete in their respective State Team Group, #9 Gymnast competes in the All State Group
- All Gymnasts scores are eligible to count towards the Team Score (Top 5 out the 9 scores on each event)
- Gymnasts will be split into two Age Groups, Junior/Senior for individual awards
Level 8 Individual Sessions – Sunday All Day
- All Level 8 gymnasts will qualify by scoring 34.00+ AA at State Meet
There will be two sets of equipment with two judge panels on each set. Therefore running two meets simultaneously.
The procedure for Petitions to Regionals will be as follows:
- USAG Injury Petition Rules are available download (.pdf)
- Download the USAG Petition Form
- Submit the Petition form with a copy of your meet results to Linda Thorberg – R4-TCC (Fax – 952-431-5300)
- Petitions must be submitted within 3 days of the completion of your State Meet
- Gymnasts wishing to petition must enter the Regional Championships at their State Meet (It should be noted on the entry form that they are a petition)
- If the Petition is not approved the entry fee will be refunded
Level 8, 9 & 10 Petition score is a 35.00 AA.
Questions regarding these procedures may be directed to: Bryon Hough – Region IV JOCC